Colleagues from different parts of the earth agreed to support AGSE 2022:
- Prof. Dr. Ayad M. F. Al-Quraishi, Tishk International University, Iraq (Applied Remote Sensing & GIS).
- Prof. Dr. Hala Adel Effat, National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences (NARSS), Egypt
- Prof. Dr. Subash Ghimire, Acting Head of Department and Associate Professor, Department of Geomatics Engineering, School of Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Möller, Berliner Hochschule für Technik (BHT) and University of Bamberg
- Prof. Dr. Murimi Ngigi, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Kenya
- Prof. Dr. Peter Schmitz, University of South Africa
Suganya Tamalapadi, DAAD Regional Officer, Karnataka and Kerala, confirmed that she will present information about DAAD’s support programmes as part of the AGSE conference (planned for 3 Nov 2022, 14:00).
The responsibilities of the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) include granting scholarships, promoting the internationalisation activities of German universities and research organisations, strengthening German cultural and language studies abroad and helping developing countries establish productive higher education institutions. The DAAD is also the National Agency for EU Higher Education Cooperation.
On 25 August 2022 Dr Esch (DLR) confirmed to give a talk about one of the important topics of AGSE 2022. He will talk about “Megatrend Urbanization – New Insights through Monitoring from Space”.
Dr. Thomas Esch is ‘DLR Senior Scientist’ and leader of the team ‘Smart Cities and Spatial Development’ at the German Aerospace Center (DLR). At DLR’s Earth Observation Center (EOC), Mr. Esch develops solutions to support science and decision makers all around the world with up-to-date and precise information on built environment. With the Global Urban Footprint (GUF) initiative and its successor World Settlement Footprint (WSF), Mr. Esch and his team have set new standards in the global monitoring of urbanization from space. Mr. Esch coordinated more than 15 national and international research projects and participated in another 35. He is also actively involved in the Group on Earth Observation (GEO). Moreover, he is assistant lecturer at the Hochschule für Technik in Stuttgart, Germany. Mr. Esch’s scientific work is documented by contributions to more than 45 peer-reviewed journal publications, 25 book chapters and 200 conferences and workshops. Mr. Esch received a Diploma degree in Applied Physical Geography from the University of Trier, Germany, in 2003, and the Ph.D. degree in Physical Geography and Remote Sensing from the University of Würzburg, Germany, in 2006. Since 2008 he is with DLR’s German Remote Sensing Data Center (DFD).
In addition to this Dr. Esch is working as external lecturer at Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences.
I like to inform you about the AGSE 2022 conference “Applied Geoinformatics for Digital Transformation and Environmental Stewardship”.
The conference is taking place 01-05 Nov 2022 in on-site and hybrid mode at Digital University Kerala co-organized by C V Raman Laboratory of Ecological Informatics, School of Informatics, Digital University Kerala, by Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, the ICA Commission on SDI and Standards and the Laboratory for interoperable, and open source Geospatial Software, Data and Standards (HFT ICA-OSGeo-Lab).
This year’s event will focus mainly on the following topics:
- Applied Geoinformatics: Open Source Geospatial Technologies, OpenAPI based services, AOIs to deliver Climate Data
- Digital Transformation: Internet of Things, Sensor Web, SDI and linked data , Digital Twins, Smart Cities, Realtime 3D,
- Environmental Stewardship: Geodata and Geoscience to support realisation and measurung SDGs, disaster manegement, safety and emergency response
Of course I hope that Open Source and Open Data will also be a topic.
As part of the event, we plan again to provide keynotes, paper presentations and workshops (see AGSE homepage).. Details can be found at http://applied-geoinformatics.org/yourls/agse2022home or http://applied-geoinformatics.org/.
You can contribute to this event:
- Register for on-site or online attendance: http://2022.applied-geoinformatics.org/registration/. We distinguish between attendees from low- and middle-income countries and high-income countries.
- If you want to contribute actively: Submit your abstract, paper or workshop: http://2022.applied-geoinformatics.org/ (“Calls”)
- Feel free to share this call to your colleagues and through your social networks.
Dr. Franz-Josef Behr